Hello, thanks for visiting GameML, if you are a Game Maker user, this is the site for you, please sign up, or login if you are already a member, or just browse the site! Welcome to GameML!

ATTENTION MEMBERS!!! USERS CAN NOW SIGN UP AGAIN!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello, thanks for visiting GameML, if you are a Game Maker user, this is the site for you, please sign up, or login if you are already a member, or just browse the site! Welcome to GameML!

ATTENTION MEMBERS!!! USERS CAN NOW SIGN UP AGAIN!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Site Hits
Free hit counter
These stats started at 0 on July 7th 2009
GameML File Sharing
USERNAME: gamemladmin@gmail.com PASSWORD: gamemlsite Upload Here: https://gameml.forumotion.com/GameML-File-Sharing-h3.htmPlease add only games.
Create A GAMEML BLOG!
Make a Blog on GameML:http://gamemlblogs.wetpaint.com

Phantasmagoric - Test Ideas

2 posters

Go down

Phantasmagoric - Test Ideas Empty Phantasmagoric - Test Ideas

Post by Elmzran Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:06 am

PHANTASMAGORIC

...Test Ideas...

I need help coming up with test ideas in Phantasmagoric. I already have about 4 ideas thought out, but I need a total of 16. For those who don't know, Phantasmagoric is a game in a Surreal Atmosphere. You wind up in a Testing Facility, not sure how you got there. You soon figure out that 2 People are observing you - from where, your not sure. You soon learn that the world is running out of people who can make the right decisions - and that this facility is looking for moral people who make the right decisions. You don't figure out why until the end, BUT THAT'S a secret.

Anyways, I need 16 Test Ideas. Like I said, I have 4. If you would like to share an idea, please fill out the following form. Just remember that your situation has to fit in a surreal, dark atmosphere, which can be quite a few things. It also has to have at least 4 outcomes, since 4 Attributes are being judged during this test. You have to have a Good Outcome, a Bad Outcome, an Unfair Outcome, or a Fair Outcome. Finally, it has to include at least 3 Intractable objects that can be drawn into 16x16 Images, with a max of 6 Interactable Objects.

TEST NAME:

TEST DESCRIPTION:

TEST OBJECTS:
Object 1:
Object 2:
Object 3:
Object 4: ( Leave this one and the next 2 Blank if you only have 3 objects )
Object 5:
Object 6:

TEST OUTCOMES:

Outcome 1, Bad Outcome:

Outcome 2, Good Outcome:

Outcome 3, Unfair Outcome:

Outcome 4, Fair Outcome:

Here is an example of a filled out form, and remember, you can make the tests as bizarre as possible, but it must be a dark, surreal bizarre, like a random portal to hell.

TEST NAME: The Coward

TEST DESCRIPTION: A man is on the left side of the room, and he must cross to the right side to retrieve his lost dog. Sadly, there is a spike pit and a portal to hell in his way. It appears that he would be able to cross the pit and avoid the portal, but he is to afraid to do it. He also says that if he dies, his dog dies. You must find a way to seal up the spike pit and close the portal to hell.

TEST OBJECTS:
Object 1: Torch
Object 2: Wireless Control Pad ( Has 3 Buttons, Red, Green, and Yellow )
Object 3: A Piece of Paper with a riddle on it. The riddle says: Green hates red, while Yellow hates green. Red hates Yellow, but likes Green. Yellow likes Red. Red is the pit of the beast, Yellow is the world we stand on, and Green is an ethereal dimension.
Object 4: A Dog Treat
Object 5: A Bomb
Object 6: ( Blank )

TEST OUTCOMES:

Outcome 1, Bad Outcome: You throw the Dog Treat into the Spike Pit, luring the dog into the pit and killing it. The man becomes very upset, and jumps into the Pit from sadness.

Outcome 2, Good Outcome: The man is able to get to his dog, and is eternally grateful for it.

Outcome 3, Unfair Outcome: You throw the Torch into the portal, causing the portal grow in size and suck in the dog. The man is quite upset, but at least his dog is still alive, but in hell.

Outcome 4, Fair Outcome: You press the Yellow button, causing the portal to grow immensely and suck in the Dog and Man. There together, but in hell.

You can't get effected by the portal.
There is also a thing called Sub-outcomes, like burning the dog to death instead of luring it into the spike pit. It's still a bad outcome, but done in a different fashion. I'll create the Sub-Outcomes for you based off common reasoning.

If you create a good idea for a test, I'll put it in the game, and your name goes in the credits.
Elmzran
Elmzran
Admin
Admin

GameML Reputation : 2

http://www.tastyhamgames.com

Back to top Go down

Phantasmagoric - Test Ideas Empty Re: Phantasmagoric - Test Ideas

Post by CarnivorousA Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Test name: Bully

Test description: There are two people, one is a large child, the other a small child. The small child is crying because the larger guy is making his life a living hell, and he has stolen something really precious of his, a ring or something. He really wants it back, but the bigger kid says he needs it so he can sell it and feed his starving family. He says the smaller kid purposely starts every fight they have and he ends up finishing it and being the bad guy.

Test objects:
Object1: A red ball
Object2: A deck of cards
Object3: A baseball bat
Object4: A shotgun
Object5: A loaf of bread
Object6:

Test outcomes:
Outcome 1, Bad outcome: you give the ball to the small kid and he gets angry and ditches the ball at the big kid's head, the big kid then beats up the little kid.
Outcome 2, Good outcome: They play poker for the ring and the little kid wins happily.
Outcome 3, Unfair outcome: You mug the big kid for the ring and give it to the traumatised kid.
Outcome 4, Fair outcome: You shoot both of the kids so both their problems are solved.
Another outcome that means nothing: You give the big kid the bread to feed his family but he doesn't accept it because its dirty.
CarnivorousA
CarnivorousA

GameML Reputation : 17

http://entertainmypeople.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by CarnivorousA Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:16 am

I have a suggestion for the game, maybe throughout the game the people monitoring you insult you and say funny stuff at you.
CarnivorousA
CarnivorousA

GameML Reputation : 17

http://entertainmypeople.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Elmzran Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Actually, there's just going to be 1 Main monitor. Every now and then, some other employees of the Testing Facility will get a hold of the communication line and interject with random comments.

That's a really great idea by the way Smile
I'll probably use it.
Elmzran
Elmzran
Admin
Admin

GameML Reputation : 2

http://www.tastyhamgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content